Well... as of Tuesday we are officially at 39 weeks, and as of today we know that nothing has changed since last week. :) Our little girl has apparently decided that she is quite comfortable where she is and is not in any hurry to make her appearance into the world.
The doctor said that unless things change we could easily make our doctor's appointment next week, which is on the 27th and two days AFTER her due date!
We are getting excited as we know "the time" is coming soon... but it can also be hard to wait! As we said before, the bags are packed... the room is ready... all we are missing is our daughter!!
On the bright side, I am still feeling pretty good. Everyone seems to expect me to be miserable as I approach 40 weeks - but since I haven't gained too much weight (I'm the same as last week, so I've only gained a total of 21 lbs this pregnancy) and I haven't had much swelling, I am not feeling too uncomfortable. Of course, she is putting a lot more pressure "down there" so I still need to wear the elastic band I purchased or it gets hard to walk as much as I need to at work.
Brad and I have been doing little things around the house, organizing and cleaning, and also cooking up a few things for the freezer so we will have some easy-to-prepare food after she comes.
Until next week - unless we get a surprise!
P.S. Check out our new slideshow of our nursery - it is finally finished!