We had our 38 week doctor's appointment today - and the report is that nothing has changed from last week. She is still dropped to the same point, and I am still 80% effaced. The doctor said that she is still doing well, and I measured at 38 cm. which is right where I should be.
I am definitely "all baby" as she also mentioned... my stomach is really sticking out there now since she dropped. :) Fortunately though, I have not had to deal with much other swelling or weight gain. I had gained two pounds at my last appointment - but was one lower at this appointment. (I think really that I'm staying about the same... it just depends on how much water I had to drink before the appointment so they could get their sample... :) ) I have only had a little swelling in my ankles, but as long as I drink enough water and walk around enough (but not too much) then it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
The doctor is careful not to make any firm - or even general - predictions about when our little girl will arrive. She said she could come before my next appointment... or not. :) It all depends on when she decides to get things moving!
I have been really blessed to have such an uneventful and relatively easy pregnancy, and I am really grateful. People always ask how I am feeling - and I can honestly answer that I am feeling really good. There are times, of course, when I am tired and feeling sore and uncomfortable - but for the most part I am enjoying being pregnant. I love sitting still and watching and feeling our little girl move around. I know it is probably something I will miss after she is here.
But I am excited too, knowing that we are almost to the end of this chapter and about to start a new one when our little girl makes her appearance into this world.
As I said last week... the bags are packed, the carseat is installed... everything is as ready as it can be...
We'll just have to wait as patiently as we can knowing that she will come when she is ready!