Well, here we are at 34 weeks! Hard to believe we have only 6 weeks (maybe less...) left!
We had a little "excitement" last Thursday... I had started to feel really sore "down there" and after several days called my doctor about it. I figured it was probably ligament pains (aka: nothing you can do about it so just deal with it pregnancy pains... :) ) The nurse who called me back said it was probably that, but I should go to L&D (Labor and Delivery) at the hospital and get it checked out just to be sure. Of course - then I was worried!
But there was nothing to worry about... they checked everything out and decided that it was just ligament pain. They did recommend I get a belly support belt to help - and it really has. They said I can use a heating pad or take some tylenol if it gets too bad also. But our little girl is doing just fine - she kicked the fetal heart monitors they had strapped to my belly :) She must not have liked them there! They did check my cervix and it was completely closed, high and thick. (Which basically means nothing is progressing towards labor yet. :) ) They used a contraction monitor as well, and I didn't have any at all during the hour and a half they had me hooked up to it. (The nurse had said it would have been normal for me to be having a few at this point, even if I couldn't feel them. But not having them is normal too.)
Anyway - so today was our 34 week doctors appointment. She did the Strep B test, and we should have the results by our next appointment in two weeks. She felt the baby's position and said that she seems to be head down, just not very low yet. Her heart beat was really good too. They will check everything again at my next appointment. This appointment was much nicer - as I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes in the waiting room, instead of two hours like last time.
Our little girl is still moving a lot - and now instead of flutters I can definately feel punches and kicks! It is wild to see my stomach move when she pushes against it. I can even see my stomach twitch when she has the hiccups!
We had some more pre-natal classes last weekend. First was the Infant Care Class. They covered the basics, bathing, cord care, etc. The second was a class on nursing. It was a lot of common sense information, but it was helpful too.
This weekend starts our "birthing classes". They are two all-day Saturday sessions. Each class makes everything seem more real... and makes me realize how fast time is flying by!
We've checked over our list, and I think we have everything we need now for when our little girl arrives. (I'm sure there are things we haven't thought of - but at least we have all of the "necessaries" :) ) I still need to get a few things, and definitely need to start thinking about packing "the bag" to take to the hospital. Never hurts to be prepared!
I think that is enough for this update. Take care all!