We had our Baby Shower last Saturday and it was amazing!! A huge thanks to Melissa, Gail and Crystal who worked so hard to make it a special time for me. So many of my family and friends were there, and those who could not make it were there in spirit. It was hard to believe so many people care that much about Brad and I and our new little one!
(See the pictures below in a slide-show!)
My mom and dad were able to fly in from Oregon so that my mom could come to the shower and so that they could both see me pregnant. :) I was so glad to have them here - and will get to see them again in just a few short weeks when baby Rolen arrives!
The decorations were incredibly cute! I loved the little rubber duckies swimming in the punch. :) The duck on the cake matched the invitations - and it was adorable with its big cheeks!
Instead of having traditional games, Melissa, Gail and Crystal chose activities that were so much more personal.
First, they had blank cards and envelopes on each table. Each guest was asked to write a card or cards to the baby - each one with special advice or comments on a specific event that she will experience in her life. For example, her first step, her first day of school, graduation, marriage, etc. I will be able to save these, and eventually either read to her or let her read the advice women at her baby shower gave, just for her!
Second, they had bought a collection of children's books and had each guest write their name with a short message in the inside cover of some of the books. This way whenever I read those books to our little girl I will be able to tell her about the women who were at her baby shower.
These are priceless gifts that we will be able to share with our daughter!
We also received so many lovely and thoughtful gifts at the shower. I am overwhelmed with appreciation for my family and friends' generosity. So many pretty outfits and beautiful things to help us when our little girl arrives. She is so blessed - though she does not even know it!
Stay tuned for an update on last weekends HUGE project - along with pictures of our little girl's room!!