It has been a busy time for our family these past few weeks!
Kyra is continuously expanding her vocabulary - trying to repeat everything you say. Watch your words mommy and daddy! :)
She is quickly becoming miss independent. Her favorite sentence now is, "May I do it please?" which comes out, "May I doit peas?" with do and it becoming one cute word. :) Kyra really wants to be able to do things by herself, from eating and getting dressed, to going potty. We have to convince her to let us help sometimes, but it is good to see her try to do things by herself first.
We have been going to the park more often as the weather has been really nice in the evenings. Kyra loves being outside, climbing and going down the slides and playing on the swings. The swings are still not her favorite, but she is not afraid of them any more. She really loves going down the "BIG" slide at a park near our home. It is enclosed and has several turns. She looks terrified as she comes out but then quickly says, "'gin! 'gin!" wanting to do it again. :)
I have taken on a new paid position at our church, the Nursery Coordinator. It is my job to recruit, train and schedule people to serve in the nursery on Sunday mornings, as well as at church business meetings and holiday services. It has been a hectic month, getting things lined up for fall, but I am enjoying the job. I am also serving as the MOPPETS Team Leader, which coordinates childcare for the MOPS (Mother's of Preschool Children) group at our church. I will be able to attend the MOPS group this year, and I am really looking forward to it. It is a time where young moms can get together, visit, share, learn and have fun. The group has Mentor Moms, which are moms of older children, that mentor and encourage the younger moms. While I attend the group Kyra will get to learn and play with other children her age - I know she will have fun too!
Brad has been very busy at work. About two months ago he transferred to a different department. Since that time he has really impressed his supervisors and just received a raise - the second in his six months at Mid-Western Reasearch and Supply (If you need great seasonings or spices check out the link: http://www.midwesternresearch.com/). The company has a booth at an Extreme Outdoors Expo this weekend and he is scheduled to work there. Next weekend Brad's parents are going to come up for Labor Day weekend and we are looking forward to the time to relax and have fun with family.
The pictures below include some from our last camping trip to the lake, from a trip to Sedgwick County Park to feed the geese, from a trip to Hap McLean Park in Park City, and one from home. Enjoy!
Also - we discovered a new feature of blogger. We can create mailing lists so that people will be automatically notified when we update our blog. If you would like an e-mail to be sent to you whenever we post an update, please send me an e-mail (rolenfamily@yahoo.com) and I will add you to the mailing list.